Monday, June 22, 2009

Layton Park

The kids and I have been enjoying summer. We've found so many new fun things to do and see and the kids love exploring and checking out things they haven't seen or done before. One morning, we went to the Layton Park. It was a blast. We didn't have anything planned that day and had heard about what a neat park they had, so I thought we'd try it out. It was awesome.

We started out feeding the ducks and birds. This was the highlight of the trip for the kids. They loved having the ducks walk right up to them and they got the hang of sharing the bread after they had a few bites themselves. I obviously had no idea how much the kids would like this and I didn't come prepared with enough bread. I'll do better next time...

After feeding the ducks, we had a picnic and played on the toys. The kids enjoyed playing on toys that were different from the ones at our park at home. It was a fantastic morning. I am such a lucky mom. I loved being outside with my kids and watching them interact with new things. They are so much fun and I'm constantly amazed at how much they know and do these days. It was a fun little moment for us and I hope to remember days like this forever. Messy faced, sun blocked, dirty, happy little kids are the best.














No comments: