Friday, September 16, 2011

2+1=3

We are excited to announce that we're having another baby! I'm pretty lucky because I've already gotten over being sick and throwing up non-stop. Thank Heavens that only goes through the first few months for me. Baby #3 is due March 6th and we'll find out gender on October 19th. We couldn't be more thrilled.

I am reminded on a daily basis of all the things we need to do to take care of a baby. For some reason, Blair is sure she knows how to do this, but I don't. It's pretty funny. Here's a list of some of the things she's told me:


  • Don't feed the baby the same food Davis and Blair eat.

  • Babies can't just ride on the seat of the car- they need to be buckled in a car seat.

  • Everyone will have to be quiet while the baby sleeps.

  • Babies like to be cuddled.

  • We're going to need some smaller clothes for the baby.

  • Babies need to take naps.

  • You must hold up a baby's head when you're holding it.

There are more that I just can't recall right now. It's lucky for our baby that Blair is here or the baby might not make it with me in charge...

9 comments:

Megan and TJ said...

Congrats you guys! Sounds like Blair is going to be a good little helper!

Arizona Nielsens said...

Congratulations, Brittney! I'm just a few weeks ahead of you. Can't wait to find out what it is!

Lindsay Cutler said...

Congrats!! So exciting! Hope all goes well during pregnancy. :-)

erin said...

Congratulations! That is awesome!

Dawn said...

Yay!! I think you should start making sure Blair knows that mommy will need naps too. :)

BECKY said...

How exciting! Going from 1 kid, straight to 3 kids kicked my butt! I was used to only one baby, having two babies was crazy! I bet this will feel like a walk in the park with only one baby, since all you've known is two at a time! And with Blair on top of it... no worries! Congrats!!!

Ashley and Paul Giddings said...

Hooray!!! So happy and excited for you guys! Jealous you are over the sick/throwing up part... I'm still in the midst of it :( Congrats!!!

Nicole Poulsen Christensen said...

Yaaay! Congrats you guys!

kimM said...

yay, so excited for you guys.