Sunday, March 22, 2009

Petting Farm

Last week we went to the petting farm at Thanksgiving Point with my friend Erin and her girls Lilly and Kenna. We had a blast. The kids absolutely loved the animals and being able to touch them. Davis got the most excited look on his face when they were close enough to pet. When it finally came time to ride the ponies, the kids surprised me a little. Neither one of them needed or wanted one bit of help. They were thrilled to hold on and ride them without you touching them. It was a great place to go because I didn't have to put the kids in the stroller and they could run from one animal to the next. I did, however, feel like a total city girl. It made me laugh to think that I paid to take my kids to see all the animals that I had in my backyard growing up.


I didn't get too many pictures of their faces because there were too many fun things to check out.
















At the end of the trip I had the great idea to get a treat and go eat it out on the grass. Erin, being a smart mom, picked a light colored creamy for her kid. I, however, not thinking chose red and yellow Popsicles. The kids loved them but they made such a big mess. Blair was totally into eating it. She wouldn't let go for one second. It didn't take her long to finish it and she wasn't happy when it was gone. The orange faces and hands were stained for the remainder of the day and Blair's clothes were wet and sticky clear through.








3 comments:

A Erickson said...

That little pic of sad Blair about melts your heart! What a fun day!

Brady said...

You are a total city girl. The trip looked like a ton of fun. Looks like you have a couple of horse lovers on your hand. Awesome

Chandler Family said...

Cute picts Britt! I love the sad one of Blair with orange all over her. It is priceless!