Sunday, November 1, 2009

Potty Trained!

Blair is officially potty trained! I am beyond thrilled. It wasn't long ago that I thought potty training her was the biggest mistake I had made in a long time, but we're over the hump and she's going potty like a pro.

She loved going potty at first and did so great, but the fun wore off. When we went to Lake Mead she did awesome and I thought we had turned the corner, but when we got home, she peed in her pants a couple of times a day.

One night, I asked her if she wanted to wear diapers like a baby and she promptly responded "YES! Diaper." Not the response I expected. When I told her that was gross and for babies she said, "Davis does it." I had no good explanation for that one.

The next day, in a moment of desperation, I took her to Wal-Mart and let her pick out some high heeled dress up shoes. While we were driving and shopping, I told her that she only got them after she kept her underpants dry for a whole day and after that if she had any accidents, she had to give them to me for a while. She was super excited about the shoes, but when we got home, she put them on the table to wait until she stayed dry. She told Dad all about them when he got home and admired them a few times that day, and was so happy to see them on the table.

Since getting the shoes, she had one accident and gave the shoes to me until the next morning. That was a week ago and now she doesn't have accidents and she always goes potty without being reminded or asked.

I am thrilled, too bad I have another kid to tackle...


These fancy shoes are a must from sun up to sun down. That was the best $4 I have ever spent!

No comments: