Friday, April 24, 2009

My Little Imitator


Blair is so stinkin' funny these days. She wants to do anything she sees someone else doing. The other day my parents came over and my Dad came upstairs with a cane. This was the first time she'd seen it because he just got the go ahead to get rid of the crutches and use a cane. When he sat down, Blair went over and grabbed his cane and started walking with it just like he did. It was pretty funny.


Since then, she's used his more and used one of the little golf clubs we have at home like a cane. It makes me laugh because she thinks she is so big.
Just a few days ago, the weather got nice enough that the kids weren't wearing onesies under their shirts. That afternoon, Blair was chasing Davis around, lifting up his shirt, and blowing on his back like we blow on her belly. They were both laughing so hard. It made me laugh because we don't do this that often, but it was quite obvious that was what she was doing. What a funny little girl.
Watching her imitate everything makes me think twice about what I do in front of her. I wouldn't want her to reveal any of my bad habits. (Hopefully she doesn't start biting her fingernails or Dad will go nuts.)

2 comments:

Emily Rose said...

It's true! It's so scary how our children mirror us. I've found that our family gets louder and louder as we all try to communicate through the day. Everyone speaking over someone else etc. and Ivory, every now and then, just screams. It's hilarious. While she lets out a big sigh she just screams. She's so content while she does it. The girl has learned to speak up at an early age :) She watches my every move, so with her, I hope to make a good impression. Trey officially worships the ground his dad walks on. I feel my influence on him being lessened by his desire to be just like dad (who can do an incredible amount of brainwashing when you consider that I'm the one home all day). Well, I love Brady so that's a good thing. The pressure is on with Ivory though :)

Wanna be farm girl said...

Your kids are so stinkin cute!!!!!