Thursday, January 7, 2010

Our Funny Little Man

I haven't updated forever and I have a million posts to do prior to publishing our blog for the year 2009, but I have a spare minute (a very rare thing lately) while the kids are sleeping, so I thought I'd get going on a post or two- we'll see how long this miracle nap keeps going. My new goal is to post the funny little things our kids do each day instead of waiting for something we have pictures to go along with.

Davis has this terrible habit of sucking on his blanket. It drives me and Spence crazy, but we can't get it to stop. He never wanted a binky when he was a baby, but now he always goes to sleep with his blanket in his mouth. I worry that he'll choke on it, so we always pull it out when we see him do it and we make sure it isn't in his mouth when Spence and I go to bed. I think this is totally gross and it make his blanket soaking wet and due to the wetness, his chin has a major sore on it almost all the time. In our effort to get him to stop, when we see him do it we tell him it is yucky and it makes his blanket stinky. In order to keep Spence and me from gagging the blanket is washed often, but it gets gross the second he goes to bed. A yucky, stinky blanket is no problem for Davis. In fact, now instead of saying he wants his blanket he says "I need my stinky blue blanket." It makes me laugh every time.

1 comment:

Wanna be farm girl said...

That is stinkin' funny!!! lol