Thursday, January 7, 2010

Uncle Morgan

My kids absolutely adore their aunts and uncles. They are especially partial to the young, unmarried ones- Miranda, Kayla, Morgan, and Austin. Since Austin is on a mission, Blair and Davis get excited to see Uncle Morgan every time we say we're going to Grandma and Grandpa Davis' house. (Morgan doesn't live there, but it turns out he like to see Davis and Blair too, so he shows up almost every time we go there.)

Morgan loves to play with the kids, tease them, and teach them new things. Lately he is working with Blair so that when he gives her the cue she says, "I love you, Uncle Morgan." He thinks this will be a lady killer when he perfects it and takes Blair on an outing just the two of them.

In an effort to drive me crazy, Uncle Morgan has also taught the kids to says "Nazi" when he says "What is Mommy?" It's awesome. They do it pretty good for him, but they hadn't really said it any other time until one day recently.

We've moved the kids to toddler beds so Blair can get out of bed and go potty when she needs to. It worked really well at the first and then Davis started going crazy. Every time we put him in bed he would sneak out. This obviously resulted in punishment. One day at nap time, I was done with Davis and his antics. After three or four times of getting him back in bed, I spanked him and let him know he wasn't going to like it if I saw him out of bed again. This was when he remembered what Uncle Morgan had taught him and as I shut the kids' door I heard him say "Mommy Nazi". Then Blair chimed in, "Yeah, Nazi Mommy." They both laughed and repeated it a few times. I was standing at the door listening and laughing myself. Not only did they use the term without being cued by Uncle Morgan, but they used it at a perfectly appropriate time. What little goof balls.

Toddler bed note: Blair is a champ. She only gets out of her bed to go potty. Davis got worse each day for a while until I had had enough and Spence put the side back on his crib. We are now happily back to good naps and bedtimes with one kid in a crib and one girl happily in her "big kid bed".

3 comments:

amy + jeff said...

We were having a big girl bed battle at our house too, until I decided that I was tired of it for a while and she has been sleeping in the playpen lately. Good luck in future attempts

Allie and Fam said...

Hahaha!! Those kids always make me laugh! Love em!

Arizona Nielsens said...

This is just the start!! Glad you're laughing with them!