Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Happy "Dalentines" Day!

Davis and Blair loved Valentines Day this year. Grandma Davis gave them new shirts, which is always a delight for my little girl who loves everything about new clothes and accessories. We made Valentines for Daddy and all the grandparents, ate "warm kissy lips" (cinnamon lips), and said "Happy Dalentines Day!" a million times. The week before Valentines Day we read books about love at story time at the library and the spoiled rotten little kids got Valentines from Mom & Dad and three sets of Grandparents.

Funny Story: At the end of story time they let the kids make Valentines and mentioned that they should give them to someone they loved. Blair immediately shouted "My Daddy!" Both kids had a great time making them and were super excited to give them to Dad when he came home. Blair ran to Spence and gave him the Valentine to which he exclaimed, "Oh Boy! I love it!" With a funny look on her face and a very disappointed tone of voice Blair said, "I'm NOT a boy!" She was super happy when he corrected the mistake and said in the sweetest voice ever, "I LOVE you so much Daddy!" What a cute little girl.

Lastly, I wish I had taken a picture before we mailed Valentines to the grandparents, but they were pretty funny. Blair wanted only light pink paper with light pink hearts and a pink crayon. Davis was disappointed that I made him use red paper, but got over it after demanding and using only blue hearts.



I know not all of these pictures are great (I still need a new camera), but I love the kids fake smiles.

1 comment:

Raquel said...

Your kids are so sweet, and always dressed so cute!