Friday, October 28, 2011

Home Sweet Home

We found a place to stay for the next few weeks. It's really nice compared to other places we checked out and just two blocks from the beach. It has three bedrooms, two nice bathrooms, a kitchen and a family room area. We are super happy to be unpacked and not digging everything out of suitcases and then re-packing to move to the next place. The house we're staying in has a nice backyard too- it's Davis' favorite part. One of my favorite parts- the washer. I am thrilled that I don't have to go to the laundry mat all the time. I did, however, need Spence's assistance when I hung up the clothes the first time. They kept falling down, but Spence taught me to fold them over the line before clipping them- much better.





Spence and Blair putting on the "4 thread count" sheets. We had to get our own sheets and towels for this house and I about died when we were buying them. The sheets are like paper and they cost $20-$30. When the lady was showing us the towels, she showed us some pretty good ones like we have at home and said they were $30 each. No thanks, I can use the crappy ones for a month. We bought some pretty awesome ones for $7 even though they repel water instead of absorb it. At least they dry out fast after.




One of the bathrooms. Spence thinks the bidet is one of the coolest things ever- I'm not sure if he's tried it out.






A pretty nice little kitchen compared to others I've checked out.







According to Davis, this is his house he built out of bricks so no one could blow it down. He's out there all the time.






Clothes line in our backyard






This is the main living area- just another table, no couches






Our bedroom- Don't worry, Spence got rid of the creepy bedspread.






The office. This is the only room in the house where the internet works. There is actually no internet in this house, but Spence paid the guy at the hostels across the street to use it. We use it in this room or on the porch of the hostels. It's not the best, but it works okay.







More living room






Blair's side of the kid's room






Davis' side of the room- They've actually done pretty well sharing a room again. Luckily Blair can sleep through anything.






Eating bizcochos this morning. Spence went to the bakery while Blair and I showered. Spence has been talking about eating these pasteries for breakfast every day in Uruguay since the first time we talked about coming. Everyone loved them. Davis and Blair were thrilled to eat pasteries when it wasn't even "Saturday donut day".






3 comments:

Wayne and Jackie said...

The house is not bad. I'm surprised it's as nice as it is.

Anonymous said...

Looks awesome! We're so jealous of your fun adventure.

Brad Christensen said...

I can't believe I haven't checked this out before today. I'm so glad you guys are doing this! I'm super jealous - especially of the bidet!