Friday, March 28, 2008

College

This afternoon I was helping Austin pick classes to register for next fall and I decided I would love to be in college again for a minute. I would like to go for a week every now and then. I love my life right now. I love my wonderful husband and my two sweet babies, but college was a great time! As I looked through the classes, there were a bunch that sounded interesting. There are still of lot of things I'd like to learn and it turns out, they teach that stuff in college. Who would have thought? I really need to go to the bookstore and find something interesting to learn about during nap time.

In addition to all the learning that took place in college, the other aspects of life were sweet. I had great roommates (Laurie and Jenny, of course!) and fun friends that I could hang out with all the time, and one of the boys (Spence, Adam, Paul, and Josh) was always ready to hit Beaver Mountain. We usually went about three times a week! Life was good.

Below is a picture of the one time that we went snowboarding this year. Yes, I said one time. I would like to think that this was due only to the fact that we have twin babies that were born at the first of winter, but let's get real, we only went once last year too. Picking accounting for a profession was a serious mistake on our part. The busiest season of the year is ski season. Lucky for me, I retired early and I can look forward to the day we teach our babies to love skiing/snowboarding and I get to take them all the time. As for Spence, he really needs a change of profession before the kids learn.

Despite the fact that busy season isn't super fun for anyone, we are looking forward to what we call "vacation season". Summer time is sweet as an accountant and we have plenty of time to hang out together and go fun places. The countdown to April 16th is on...

7 comments:

Ashley and Paul Giddings said...

Don't feel bad Brit.. Paul only went skiing once this season too! Probably has a lot to do with the fact that I don't like the cold and decided after our last mammoth trip that I will no longer be hitting the slopes but would rather sit in the warm lodge, next to the fire, with the camera. He's too busy as well- except summer time is his really busy season- bummer. Cute pictures of your little ones- almost 5 months now huh? Crazy how time flies.

Emily Rose said...

I sure miss college two...Those were some of the best two...or wait..maybe three or so semesters of my life...Sheer joy! Brady

Emily Rose said...

I meant I miss college TOO...lol I really did learn to use correct english there...Not TWO....TOO!!! lol

Arizona Nielsens said...

We sure did have a fun time in college. I'm not itching to go back though...

A Erickson said...

The skiing/snowboarding situation sounds about like ours! We went once this year and it was ward ski night, so I don't know that that even counts!

Ashley and Paul Giddings said...

Okay Brittney I feel bad now.. I finally went yesterday to Sassy Babies- the store you had been telling me about- and got some cute bows and finally got Brooklynn a blessing dress for a good price that Paul would be happy with since all the ones I had previously found and loved were in the $200 range. Anyways I just snuck a peek at your babies blessing pics on here to see what you did for Blairs headbow and realized that I got Brooklynn the same blessing dress... I am so sorry- total accident. I hope you don't mind... Guess we have similar taste.

jodi said...

I love the new look of your blog- and I agree life was much simpler when I was in college!