Monday, March 10, 2008

Rice Cereal

When we went to the doctor last week she told us we could start rice cereal. I know this is earlier than they usually recommend these days, but she thinks it may help with my kids excessive spitting up. I know some of you may be thinking that every baby spits up, but please feel free to come over for just one hour and you will know this is a crazy lot of spit up. I go through about 7 bibs a day on each kid and many times before I can get it taken care of they have spit up so much that they have soaked through their bib, their shirt, and their undershirt. After this we change them all over again. When we start to get them changed and put on a clean t-shirt, they spit up again so we take that one off and try another one. It is quite the process. Also, because I don't have 50 bibs and 500 t-shirts this means I do laundry all day every day. Blair has reflux, but it is getting better. She still spits up a lot, but it doesn't hurt her like it used to. Davis is perfectly happy when he spits up, he jsut does it a ton. Anyway, cross your fingers for me that rice cereal will help us out a little. Here are some pictures from the first time we fed them rice cereal.




3 comments:

kimM said...

Hi Brittney,
It is so fun to see pictures of your cute babies. It looks like you are having tons of fun with them. I'm sure everyday is an adventure. It makes me miss the baby stage a little bit. I agree with you about how such small things can make a mom so proud.

Ashley and Paul Giddings said...

Brittney,

I am totally feeling you with the whole spit up thing- going through tons of bibs and burp cloths and outfits per day! I am still nervous about Brooklynn maybe having a degree of reflux too- will be talking to the Dr. about that one at her 2 month appoinment in a week and a half- man how time flies! I feel you also on the staying at home bit and wanting some adult conversation- we should hang out sometime soon! Last thing- where do you get the cute bows? Is there a website you like?

A Erickson said...

Yay for rice cereal! What a big step! It is so fun that they are rolling over too!