Wednesday, February 9, 2011

After a Week...

Things seem a little more stable. Blair had a good night last night. She stayed at a peep of 16 and got her oxygen down to 40 percent. This morning, she only desaturated once and it was only down to the 70s. When the doctors did rounds this morning, they decided to move her peep down to 15. She's desaturated a little with that, but she's still in the 80s. Hopefully she'll respond well to this and we can say goodbye to a peep of 16 forever. We've still got a long way to go until we reach the 5 she's supposed to have though.

She's doing well with the three sedation drugs and they've added a paralytic. Hopefully her lungs can rest and begin to heal. We've been here since last Wednesday and we're missing our active little girl.

Thank you all for your love and support. We've really appreciated all of you. Thanks to the great people at JDC for keeping things running smoothly. Spence would be a mess if he had to go to work while Blair was here.
Yesterday, the nurse was using a couple of stuffed animals she's received to prop her arms up. The bear is from the tax team at JD Clark and the pink pig is from Taylor (my cousin) & Katie and their cute kids. Thanks for thinking of her. She'll be thrilled when she wakes up.
Blair loves balloons so I decided to take a picture of the ones she's received since I think they won't last until she wakes up. The one above came from our friends David and Lisa Safeer with a cute teddy bear. The princes one below came with the bear from the tax team at JD Clark.

If I can remember, I'm going to grab a real camera when I go home today. These pictures from my phone are terrible.
This afternoon my Dad is going to bring us Davis and Spence and I are going to take him to lunch and hang out for a while and my dad will sit with Blair. After lunch, I'm going to take Davis home and play and hang out and keep him overnight. I'm sure missing my little guy. Normally I'm tired of reading to him after about 20 books but I think I'll read him every one of the bookcase today. I'm excited to have time to hang out with him.

7 comments:

bmarie said...

Oh my goodness! I had no idea. This really breaks my heart. Sweet little Blair will definitely be in our prayers.

Get better soon, sweet pea!

amy + jeff said...

Jeff and i have been following Blair on the blog and it has been breaking our hearts. I can't imagine what you are guys are going through or how much you must miss both your little ones right now. We are thinking of your little girl right now and praying for you guys.

The Sparks family said...

Hey brittney, I just found out about your blog. I am sorry to hear all that you are going through. Your family is in our thoughts & prayers for Blair and Davis' quick recovery. Again, let Andrea and I know if there is anything we can do for you.

Summer Mortensen said...

We are praying for all of you guys, and especially for Blair. We hope that she can recover as quickly as possible and that things will go well. I'm so glad that you guys have family around to help, what a blessing! Please let us know if there's anything we can do! Love you guys!

Leisha said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your little ones! I hope things continue to improve for Blair. She's in good hands. Stay strong!

Kristin said...

I just happened upon a comment that you'd left on the Butterfield's blog and thought, "Oh, I wonder how the Ericksons are doing?!" I am sure surprised to find what I have here. I'm glad I did though - now the Brown family can start praying for your cute little family. We miss you guys! I'll be checking on often...

Beauty by Sarah said...

we are thinkng o you and Blair so much. Trust me when I say there is not a better hospital in the world for her to be in. So many miracles and good things have come from there. Including our own miracle. Just remember how much we love you, take care of yourselves too. Love McDonalds