Friday, February 11, 2011

Day 10

Yesterday evening we pretty hard. Blair's blood pressure continued to get pretty high all night. I felt so bad for her when the doctors said her blood pressuring was increasing because she was waking up a little and realizing that she was hooked up to so many strange things and she couldn't move any part of her body. That broke my heart. She'll be fine, but I wish I didn't know that was the cause. They increased some of the sedation drugs she was receiving and she had a better night.

This morning when the doctors came to do their rounds, they decided she was doing better and they were going to decrease her peep from a 14 to a 12. This is a pretty big step, but so far she seems to be taking it well. It's been down for about an hour and a half now. The doctors also decided to discontinue her paralytic drug. She's back in the restraints that make it so she can't bend her arms, but it is so much better seeing her move a little and open her eyes for a second or two.

We're hopeful that if she continues this way, she'll have the tube out sometime toward the end of next week. We can't wait for our beautiful little girl to be able to talk and move around again.

Day 10 in the ICU
She looks totally awake here, but she really only had her eyes open for a second. We do love being able to see those pretty blue eyes though.
Her current monitor settings. I wish I took a picture of her respirator monitor every day. I'm going to do this from now on.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Poor girl, I would feel the same way if I woke up with a ton of cords around me and I couldn't move. Hopefully things will continue to get better. She still looks like a princess even with all the tubes.