Thursday, February 10, 2011

Time With My Little Man

Yesterday, my Dad brought Davis to the hospital and Spence and I took him to lunch. We listed a number of good places to eat and Davis said he wanted to go to Wendy's. It didn't sound that great to us, but we went there anyway. It was so much fun to see him and he was super happy. After lunch, we went to Baskin Robbins. He had a sugar cone with a little ice cream and it took him almost an hour to eat it. He was taking his time and every time we asked if he was done he said he was till eating. I think maybe he was just savoring the time he had with Mom and Dad.

After lunch and ice cream, we dropped Spence off at the hospital and Davis and I went to Target. He picked a couple of books for Blair when she's awake and he picked a Lightning McQueen book for himself. When I asked Davis what he wanted to do next, he said he wanted to go to the movie theater. We ended up seeing Yogi Bear. I had to laugh though when he told the lady we needed a big popcorn and a root beer. I thought maybe we could go for a smaller popcorn because we didn't have Dad and Blair, but he said he wanted A LOT of popcorn. We ended up with a big popcorn and he ate of ton. Needless to say he wasn't too hungry for dinner.

It was nice to be home for a little bit and I loved seeing my little man in his own bed. I almost forgot to give him his medicine though. I woke him up a few minutes after I put him in bed and he sat up and took it well. After medicine, he looked at me and said "Mom, I want more sleep". No kidding, 30 minutes isn't enough.

This morning around 10:30, we came to the hospital and he left with Grandpa Davis. Hopefully, he's a happy camper for the next week or so.

Enjoying a little ice cream

Davis on the way home from the movie- he told me again and again "that was sure a fun movie". I didn't think it was so great, but he laughed his head off the whole time.

My little man in his own bed- I checked him a million times last night.
Yesterday, Davis was talking about Blair so we showed him a picture of her in the hospital. We thought that maybe he'd wonder about all the tubes and everything hooked up to her, but he didn't worry about that. His response, "Hey, she got a new teddy bear." He wasn't worried though. He told us she was good at sharing with him.

2 comments:

Wayne and Jackie said...

I'm so glad you were able to slip away and spend some time with him. I'm sure he needed that. He looks good.

Arizona Nielsens said...

What a fun day that everyone will remember. Davis is such a sweet boy. We're praying for your family still and hope things get back to normal soon.