Wednesday, February 23, 2011

First Day Home

We had a pretty good night last night. We woke up to all of the alarms for medications and Blair took them like a champ. I've got quite the list going of what needs to happen each hour, but I don't want to miss anything that needs to be done.

I've been pretty worried about how Blair would get around at home, but she's doing better than I thought. Yesterday during her physical therapy, they worked on crawling with her. She doesn't do awesome with it because her arms are pretty weak too, but she can sure get where she wants to go by crawling. When I put her in bed at 9pm (much later than the normal 7:30pm bedtime, but earlier than her hospital bed time), she came downstairs and into the kitchen before I knew it. It turns out that she can slide down the stairs on her belly just like she did as a baby. It's a little crazy watching her get around like that, but at least she can move around the house on her own.

We were all so happy to see Davis this morning and he was thrilled to be home with us. He went right upstairs and woke Blair up when he got here. They've been playing together great all day long. I've had to have a little talk with Davis because he said, "Only babies crawl" and he told me to put her in time out when Blair had an accident, but he's understanding a little better now. We're all learning to adjust and I think things will be back to normal in a couple of weeks. Right now, we're just thankful for all the blessings we've been given lately.

6 comments:

Sarah said...

Sooooo happy that you are home and Blair is doing so well now. Good luck in the rest of the recovery at home! We have been praying every day for all of you.
-Sarah Gardiner

Anonymous said...

Yeah! I'm so glad that Blair is finally able to come home. Your kiddos are adorable.

Dawn said...

I'm sure you've got the schedule all organized and fantastic! I'm glad everyone gets to be home and get back to normal. :)

bmarie said...

Hip Hip HooraY! So so glad you are all home together now. My goodness, I can't imagine what this was like for you...I have had anxiety about it. Ha.

Hope everything gets back to normal soon. :)

lebblog said...

Thank you for taking the time to keep your blog up-to-date. That helped Great-grandma and grandpa Erickson and the rest of us in Idaho know about Blair's progress. We are so glad she is doing better and is at home. We continue to pray for all of you. Aunt Leta

Wanna be farm girl said...

YEAH! We are so happy for you and your cute family!!! The girls have looked at your blog daily and were glad that you kept it updated and we could keep Blair in our thoughts!! We find ourselves now in the Davis Hospital with Sam with Pneumonia...dang bugs that are so dang strong this year!! But Blair is showing how strong she is!!